Babette Huber, Town and Village of Victor Historian, Advisor
Jeff Rader, Parks and Recreation Liaison
Dave Tantillo, Town Board Liaison
Gary Hadden, Village Board Liaison
About the Committee
The Victor Village Cemetery is located behind the Methodist Church on East Main Street, in the village of Victor. This pioneer cemetery is the final resting place for Victor’s early settlers, residents, and veterans of the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, and Mexican War. The earliest burial occurred in 1810 and internment continued until 1949.
On June 11, 2007, the Town of Victor formed the Victor Village Cemetery Committee. One week later, on June 18, the Village Board of Trustees also approved the establishment of this committee. The committee was charged with the preservation and restoration of this historic cemetery.
Since the earliest burial, that of William Loofborough, occurred in 1810, on May 22 of 2010, we held a bicentennial ceremony to commemorate 200 years of Victor history.
An updated searchable index of all known people buried in the cemetery is available along with the inscriptions on their gravestones.
2017 Report for the Cemetery Preservation and Restoration Committee