Historic Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- 3:30 p.m.
- Quarterly (as noted on the calendar)
- First Wednesday of the month; Unless otherwise noted on the calendar
- Town Hall, 2nd floor Veterans Memorial Meeting room
Members & Terms
- Ann Aldrich, Chairperson - December 2024
- Robert Kelly, Cemetery Chair - December 2025
- Sue Stehling - December 2023
- John Butler, Vice Chair - December 2025
- Victoria Bender - December 2024
- Babette Huber, Town Historian - Advisor
- Dave Condon, Town Board - Liaison
The Historic Advisory Committee, to be appointed by the town board, shall consist of five members providing a balanced, community representation In addition, the town historian shall serve as an ex-officio nonvoting member. Members shall be residents of the Town of Victor who have an interest and knowledge of local history, historic preservation, and architectural development are especially encouraged to apply.
Committee Powers & Duties
- To advise, assist, and support the historian, town board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board in matters pertaining to Victor’s historic and archaeological resources
- To help identify and research the annual historic Victor plaque program nominees
- To assist individuals in making nominations to the State and National Registers of Historic Places
- To provide assistance in securing grants that might contribute to the reuse and preservation of historic structures in the community;
- To contribute knowledge for educational materials that promote an understanding and appreciation of preserving the character of Victor, including, but not limited to walking tours, brochures, a marker program for historic properties, lectures, exhibits. and conferences
The committee was formed by the Victor Town Board on January 25, 2010. The committee works to preserve, interpret, and education others about the historic and archaeological resources in the Town of Victor.
Historic Speaker Series
The Speaker Series runs April - June and then September - December.
The Speaker Series has been changed to the second Sunday of the month at 2:00 PM starting with 9/10/2023.
Here are the dates for Fall 2023:
- 10/15/2023 (3rd Sunday)
2024 Spring Dates:
- 5/19/20234 (3rd Sunday)
Please check the community calendar for more information.