Village Planning Board
- 7 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise noted)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Meg CHaides, Chairperson - April 2025
- Charles Criss - April 2025
- Peter Kowal - April 2021
- Jeff Swan - April 2022
- Steve Van Dyke - April 2023
Village Planning Board (PB)
The PB consists of five appointed members, serving five-year terms, charged with three areas of responsibility, site plan review, site plan modifications and approval of signs, which all official actions of this board take place at an open meeting.
It is through the Site Plan Review process that we ensure the overall conservation, preservation, development, and use of natural and man related resources of the village.
In all districts, site plan review and approval shall be required for:
- The erection or development of all buildings in all districts other than one- or two-family residences or uses accessory thereto;
- All uses of vacant land other than uses customarily accessory to one- or two-family residences;
- Any change in use or intensity of use which will affect the characteristics of the site in terms of parking, loading, access, drainage, landscaping, or utilities.
Signage has a substantial effect on the historical character, building use, appearance, and property value. With each business being unique the Planning Board helps promote proper signage to provide a more enjoyable and pleasing community.
It became evident through the Downtown Revitalization Study of the need to preserve and protect the historical and architectural character of the business district. The PB was formed to review all applications for new construction, renovation, or demolition to determine their impact on whether it would enhance or detract on the village’s historic character.
All submissions to the Planning Board should be received in the office of the Secretary of the Planning Board four weeks prior to the meeting date.
Roseanne Turner-Adams serves as PB Secretary and she can be reached at 585-924-3311 or Email Roseanne Turner-Adams