NYS DOT Route 96 / Lynaugh Road Roundabout Project
Here are highlights of the contractor’s proposed schedule. (Proposed schedule is subject to change):
- Clearing of the new State right of way is almost complete.
- Gas line relocation work is well under way.
- Earth work to commence the week of 3/23/2020.
- Pedestrian detour to be constructed along the south side of Route 96.
- Week of 4/6/2020 Route 96 lanes will be shifted to the south side of Route 96 east bound on the shoulder and west bound in the eastbound lane. Concrete barrier to be installed in the current WB lane.
- Overhead utilities and waterline relocation to take place in April.
- Storm drainage installation to take place in month of May.
- 6 week Closure of the intersection of Route 96 and Lynaugh Road to all traffic on both roads will happen between 7/9/2020 and 9/4/2020. Access will be limited for local residents (within the closure.), the contractor will maintain access to driveways during off work hours and provide a location for parking during working hours. Please bear with them as they will be working quickly to reopen the road as soon as possible.
- The intersection is to be opened back up by Labor Day weekend.
- Project slated to be complete by the end of September.
- A detour for Route 96 will be posted - it is via Maple Avenue / Route 444, County Road 41 and Route 332.
- Once the road closure is in place 511ny.org will automatically update other mapping software.
Please visit 511ny.org – Residents can register their email & cell number and create a daily commute route (ones they take often), and the App will notify them of construction and potential delays - anywhere on their route. They are able to check for delays on on-time routes as well.